FIREARMS and GUNS
What to Know About Selling at Gun Shows
So you’re thinking of selling at gun shows, but you’re not sure how it works. eDataPay Team will set you up with the mobile payments and the abilities to accept the payments you need with Credit Cards or ACH.
Don’t be discouraged; many other gun resellers and collectors have been in your shoes. It might be difficult to know where to begin when wanting to trade or sell a firearm. This is especially true given the sharp spike in handgun sales over the last year. With a 40% increase in first-time gun purchases, customers are turning to the Internet as well as their local marketplaces. For many private sellers, local gun fairs are a convenient method to locate a buyer for their firearms. But, as a seller, how does it all work?
The regulations governing firearms differ widely from state to state. However, a Federal Weapons License, or FFL, is required to import, manufacture, or sell firearms and accessories as a dealer under federal law.
Simply simply, an FFL transfer is when a licensed dealer sells a firearm. An FFL transfer occurs when a licensee hands over a firearm to another FFL before it is delivered to the customer who purchased it.
A gun show is an event hosted by any national, state, or local group committed to the collection, competitive use, or other sports use of weapons, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). The phrase can also refer to a group or association that organizes firearms-related events in the neighborhood.
If you want to sell at a gun show or online as a dealer, you must:
- Be 21 years of age or older
- Be eligible to own a gun
- Register for a Federal Firearms License (FFL)
- Have a physical location where you conduct business. Even if you sell firearms online, you must send the gun to a registered FFL for the background check and pickup.
Buying guns at gun shows from a licensed dealer is safer and will lead to less risk of violence and crime by buyers in the long run.
If you plan to sell your handgun at a gun show, make sure you can contact eDataPay and Start Today to accept digital payments through eDataPay terminal credit card processor that accepts firearms.
Every merchant will need a strong, reliable payment gateway that gives him full control over the business customer’s information and gives him options for rebilling and continuing payments.
Processing Solutions for High Risk and Hard to Place Merchants
eDataPay Payments offers the next generation of high risk payment processing with our commitment to providing extremely low rates, white glove service and a consultative approach to all our merchants.
- Recently ranked “Best for High-Risk Businesses” by Money.com.
- The lowest rates available for high risk credit card processing with no arbitrary fees or processing minimums.
- Availability of alternative payment processing solutions such as E-Check and ACH processing.
- Relationships with multiple processors and banks, in order to place our merchants into the best processing programs.
- Dedicated support teams focused on delivering VIP service and support to our high risk merchants.
- A commitment to providing best-in-class EMV/NFC terminals, payment gateways and shopping carts.
Low Rates + Amazing Deals on New Equipment from the Leader in Payment Solutions.
Get high risk merchant accounts and nearly instant approvals for your ecommerce store.
High Risk Credit Card Processing Made Easy
Apply today & start saving money tomorrow!